Built to Hunt, Built Right.
DEG’s Flak Jacket™ was designed and built to provide our steadfast Retrievers with the ultimate protection in the water and field.
At DEG, our Retrievers are family, and we provide for them as such. From the intensive training and Summer work trips to the specialized equipment and dietary needs, we do not cut corners. With this in mind, we tasked our design team to create the ultimate water and field accessory to keep our Retrievers protected and comfortable. They work their hearts out for us in and out of season; so we went to work for them and produced the highest quality protective, hunting vest on the market. We trust this vest with our retrievers and hope you experience it and trust it with yours.
- Two (2) Layer Construction for Superior Durability and Protection
- Waterproof Coated 1000d Cordura® Exterior Fabric (Coated on both First and Second Surfaces)
- 5mm Neoprene Interior for Padded Protection, Warmth and Added Floatation
- Premium Non-Corrosive DuraFlex® Rubber Molded Handle and YKK Zipper to Combat Moisture, Salt and Abuse
- Heavy, Industrial Grade Webbing to Reinforce Handle
- Industrial Bar Tack Stitching on all Critical Stress Points
- Velcro Patch for Custom Patches on both Sides. Includes One (1) American Flag Patch for Left Side Panel
* Using a soft tape, measure the widest part of your retriever’s chest from behind the front legs.
Chest Size (Inches)*
Note: This vest is designed to fit snugly. It will stretch some after its first use. We find that with our retrievers, the first time we put them in a new vest, the vest is very tight, but after initial use, the vest conforms nicely. You do not want the vest to be loose. Also please note, do not try on the vest for the first time before a hunt. While we have designed the vest to minimize restriction, most dogs take some time to get used to wearing vests.
After use in saltwater environments, we recommend rinsing your Flak Jacket™ with fresh water and hang dry. In muddy timber and swamp environments, we recommend rinsing your Flak Jacket as well as brushing away mud and dirt with a soft brush. The 1000d Cordura® exterior is extremely durable; however, proper care will significantly reduce wear.
Built well but fits a little large and I’m concerned it’s too loose
Love the quality and features it has. You can tell it was designed by someone who has a duck dog. My Lab is 58 lbs and great shape. Chest about 28.5-29 inches. I tried Lg and he was like a sausage. Couldn’t move. Changed to XL. Seems to be a good fit even if it does loosen some. He’s certainly not a XL dog. But that’s the way it seems to fit. Looking forward to hunting with it starting in a few days.
received the product, great item!, but ordered the larger size 2XL and it did not fit my dog, despite me using the sizing instructions to verify before purchase, had to returned and pay for the shipping
My dog seems to be in between sizes. Large was to tight around the rib and lower chest area. Seemed to fit great in the front legs. XL is a little big in the front leg area and slightly to loose around the rib area. Was hoping to make the Large work but it was just too tight. We are going to try the XL and see how it does. Seems well built.